There are several CA firms for GST registration in Kerala. GST (Goods and Services Tax) Registration is the method by which a taxpayer becomes registered under GST. A specific registration number known as the Goods and Services Tax Identification Number is allocated to the company after it has been successfully registered (GSTIN). This is a 15-digit number that the Central government assigns to taxpayers when they register.
Who should register for GST?
- Any company engaged in the supply of products with a turnover of more than Rs 40 lakhs in Normal Category states (Rs 20 lakhs in Special Category states)* in a financial year.
- Anyone who is registered under an earlier law (such as Excise, VAT, Service Tax, etc.) must also register under GST.
- Any company that provides services and has a revenue of more than Rs 20 lakhs in a financial year qualifies into the Normal Category (Rs 10 lakhs for Special Category states)
- When a registered company is sold to someone else or merges, the transferee is required to take registration with effect from the date of transition.
- an individual who transports goods across state lines
- Person who pays taxes on a regular basis
- Taxpayer who is not a resident of India.
- Agents who work for a supplier
- Those who are subject to the reverse charge process.
- distributor of input services
- Operator or aggregator of e-commerce*
- A person who sells through an e-commerce aggregator
- Other than a registered taxable user, a person who provides online information and database access or retrieval (OIDAR) services to a person in India from a location outside India.
Documents for GST Registration
- PAN card of the company
- PAN card of Directors
- Photocopy of aadhar card
- Business registration or incorporate a certificate
- Current Bank account statement/canceled cheque
- Color photo of directors
- Identity and address proof of Directors
- Digital Signature
- Authorization letter/Board resolution for authorized signatory
GST Registration process
Step 1: Go to https://www.gst.gov.in to access the GST portal.
Step 2: Go to the ‘Taxpayers’ tab and click the ‘Register Now’ connection.
Step 3: Click on ‘New Registration.’
Step 4: Fill in the following information:
Select ‘Taxpayer’ from the ‘I am a’ drop-down menu.
Choose the appropriate state and district.
Enter the company’s name here.
Fill in the company’s PAN.
In the box provided, enter your email address and phone number. Since OTPs will be sent to the entered email address and mobile number, they must be active.
Click on ‘Proceed’ after entering the image that appears on the screen.
Step 5: On the next tab, in the box provided, enter the OTP that was sent to the email ID and mobile number.
Step 6: After you’ve entered all of your details, click ‘Proceed.’
Step 7: The Temporary Reference Number (TRN) will be shown on the computer. Keep a record of the TRN.
Step 8: Return to the GST portal and select ‘Register’ from the ‘Taxpayers’ menu.
Step 9: Choose ‘Temporary’ from the drop-down menu.
Step 12: An OTP will be sent to your email address and registered mobile number. Enter the OTP on next page and click ‘Proceed.’
Step 13: On the next tab, you’ll see the status of your submission. There will be an Edit button on the right side; click it.
Step 14: On the following page, there will be ten pages. All important info must be entered, and all necessary documentation must be submitted.
Proof of business address
Enter Bank details such as account number, bank name, bank branch, and IFSC code
Type of authorization
The tax payee’s constitution
Step15: Check the declaration on the ‘Verification’ tab, then submit the application using one of the methods mentioned below:
By using an electronic verification code (EVC). The code will be sent to the phone number given during registration.
By using the e-Sign form. The mobile number associated with the Aadhaar card will receive an OTP.
Step 16: A progress message will appear on the screen after all of the steps have been completed. The Application Reference Number (ARN) will be sent to the mobile number and email address provided during registration.
Step 17: Go to the GST portal to check the status of the ARN.
As GST registration helps the small, micro and medium businesses to explore the opportunities to do business with corporate companies in India. We can say growth and development of every business have directly related to goods and services tax of the country.
Prohub process management helps the new and existing business establishments to register under GST in India as we are one among the top GST registration consultancies in Kerala. We serve clients all over the India and assist them in online GST registration. For more details